Friday, October 13, 2006

Two associations on exchanges with some of you, previous to any announcement about the pretexts of echo:
without ever having seen Ellens work on schriftuur I connect it to my own recent intrest in the trauma of learning to read and write (independent of wether any of you guys had a dificult childhood); I myself keep this theme as an option in my attempts to rework a solo I made in Tel-Aviv and addres the audience on the problem of a technical nature: since they learnt to read from right to left and will do the same with visual scenes presented in front of them, (which is a common object of spacial dramaturgy) this means my western european spacial composision are all twisted in the Hebrew interpretation. On the other hand they, like many others, have had to learn to write a second alphabet.

damn I forgot the second item now....

2 comments:

echochamber said...

Language.
All language is already dead?
We blow life into it.
It implodes again.
Or it explodes.

Language is always "the same", but the same doesn't exist.

Language is always borrowed.

It already "happened", the words always already happened and we will never be there...
???

echochamber said...

anne: Wall of wordwall

her first step. to forget one wall-word

to find an opening
through forgetting one word

ellen: schriftuur (pre-language?)

the hallway before the words

the waiting-room